Thread: 82GT Lysholm 3.3 e-85 powerd terminator swap

Threaded View

Been super busy recently, between my regular 40 hour a week job I run an auto repair business on the side to help pay for all the toys, and that's been steady the past couple of weeks, but unfortunately that hasn't allowed time for the toys. And to throw another thing in the mix a very good friend of mine is doing something similar to his 97 cobra (3.3 Lysholm, 6 speed, aluminator, IRS and is at the bodyshop getting painted) but luckily his car is more adaptable to this stuff than mine so it’ll be easier.

I have however finished pulling the interior out, and with any luck I can get the engine trans and fuel tank out in the next couple of weeks. I've also been busy ordering and getting parts. My current plan with the car is tear ALL of the wiring out except for the hand full of connectors that’ll will be re-used for lights and hvac stuff. Im going to lay the entire wiring harness from the ’03 cobra in the car and start trimming out what I don’t need (ABS, air bags etc) and then graft the stock switches and lights into the harness.

I disassembled my Mark 8 motor and my built teskid motor and sent everything over to D & R in Marion for: Bore/hone and deck the head surface. Hopefully they’ll have it back in a few weeks.

I found a great deal on a set of KOOKS longtube headers that I also bought, it will work great with the full 3” exhaust that I was able to get this past summer.

I also during this time picked up some fuel line and 2 Aeromotive fuel filters. The line that I got is a -10 feed and -8 return, it’s the cloth braided stuff with the coating inside to allow for e-85 coating inside to allow for use with e-85

I also got my door panels back, the parts car that I bought was a super clean T-Top car that had great black interior but the idiot that owned it before left the car out in his back yard with leaking tops and it ruined the boards on the back of the panels, so I took them into the interior shop and had them replace the boards, new vinyl, new carpet and then add a little custom touch with the dark charcoal at the top to help tie in the seats and the dark charcoal items that Im going to incorporate from the 03/04 interior.
    Attached Images Attached Images