Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thumbs Down: Affordable Heating/Cooling

Re: Thumbs Down: Affordable Heating/Cooling

You could have let me know my uncle owns a heating and cooling, carries the #1 brand American Standard. Very good furnaces. My sister did a 2 stage one on her new house.

I'll keep that in mind for next time Red. I'm not going to be living in this condo for too long; perhaps 5 more years or so. The furnace/AC was 30 years old though and I needed to replace it at some point, otherwise when I go to sell the place the buyers would undoubtedly try to take it off the price of the home anyways.

It sounds like having an up to date furnace and AC is the way to go, though. Much more efficient than the old ones and you can get a lot of cool shit attached to them these days. lol

I've got American Standard. Good units. They also own Trane.

That is true ZEE. American Standard and Trane are built in the same place I believe and are supposed to be identical systems. They are top of the line along with a few other brands.

For what its worth, had carpet installed through sears once, somehow although it was measured had a splice in the closet, cost me 1/2 after I bitched to sears. That was at least 1k.

Better than the insulation co. They cracked my wall and offered to fix it. I swear the kid was off smoking a fat one when he supposed to be manning the hose. Fired on the spot only satisfaction I had. They patched the bulging crack.

Well they finished the installation today, and although I feel like I've been through a lot of crap in the last 5 days, I am very happy to have it all done. Everything seems to be working right, and the humidifier is freaking KEY. Never seen the humidity in my house at 45% in the winter. I'm normally at a steady 15% or so. I am extremely pleased with the addition of the humidifier to my heating system. Keeps the whole house at decent humidity and I don't have to fill the damn thing like I did with the the room humidifiers, because its hooked right up to the water line.

Again... this was too much for a customer to go through, but they did seem to do pretty good work on the install. I am definitely pleased with that aspect of it.

Im sorry but with the way the economy is and I guarantee their sales are not bustling. They should have been jumping through hoops to finish that install as fast as possible. Do not let that company go scott free.

Side note, my dad had carpet installed by (home depot or lowes) of which was subcontracted out. First time around they measured carpet, ordered it and it took 3 months to get and install. One large straight room in the base and an adjoint room. The carpet didnt even cover half the floor. So they ordered another piece to finish it. Took month and a half. They were two way different colors. They said it looked fine and left. I mean it was bad, they didnt even match at all. He called the store, they came out took pictures. Said they would order the carpet and call him. Month and half go by my dad has been trying to get a hold of this guy. Still nothing. So he goes and talks to the store manager. It finally all gets order another 3 months later, it was suncontracted out to another guy who did a fucking fantastic job. Just superb. A little over nine months to have carpet installed correctly. My dad even ripped up his old carpet for them and when they fucked up he ripped that out too just to help get things rolling for the installers. Needless to say. He replaced the carpet in the upstairs bedrooms on his own. Cost him next to nothing and it looks awesome (hes very picky).

They took a "chunk" of the price off for his inconvenience.
    Andrew Sexton
    Owner of ATS Automotive

I wish their was a universal "per hr" inconvenience charge. I'd be doing great.